BRIGHTSPACE – MICROSOFT TEAMS
MEETING IN BRIGHTSPACE
Teaching and Learning Support Service, uOttawa
Teachers and Students can now add a Quicklink to join a Microsoft Teams Meeting in any rich text box in Brightspace.
Create and add a Microsoft Teams Meeting in Brightspace
- Click the Quicklink icon in the upper left corner of any rich text box in Brightspace.
- Scroll down to Third Party links.
- Click MS Teams Meeting.
- Scroll down in the pop-up window to locate the Sign in button.
- Click Sign in.
- In the new pop-up window, use your uOttawa credentials to sign in.
- Then click Accept for the Permissions requested.
- Click Create Meeting link.
- Enter in the meeting name, date, and time.
- Click Create.
- Click Insert.
- You will now see the meeting link in your text box.
Join the meeting from the Brightspace link
- When a user click on the meeting link, a new tab will open.
- The user will be prompted to either:
- Open the Teams app to join
- Download the app and join
- Join on the web instead
- After Teams app opens on their device or on the web, the user will be asked to join the meeting by clicking the Join Now button.